This amazing dressing perfectly complements salads, your favorite sandwiches, and raw or roasted veggies. You can use it on just about anything. It is dairy, nut, and oil-free, making it perfect for those who are vegan or have allergies to dairy and nuts.
While most vegan salad dressings are made with cashews, not everyone can eat products containing nuts. So, this recipe is made without nuts and is perfect for anyone with allergies.
Why is it so good? Because it is made using hemp seeds, which make a healthy change from nuts. Remember that hemp seeds are loaded with Omega 3 essential fatty acids, which we need to have in our diet as they help boost energy levels.
Hemp seed oil is often referred to as “Nature’s most perfectly balanced oil” as it has the perfect balance of Omega 3 and Omega 6 essential fatty acids in a ratio of 1:3.
Along with plenty of healthy fats, hemp seeds also contain many antioxidants and chlorophyll. It’s the perfect addition to your favorite salads, sandwiches, vegetables, and other dishes.
- 2/3 C water (use more if needed)
- 3/4 C hemp seed
- 3 dates
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic (you can use more if you like the taste of garlic)
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the hemp seeds in a bowl of water and allow them to soak overnight or for at least 2 to 3 hours, the longer the better.
- Rinse the seeds under running water until it runs clear.
- Add hemp seeds, dates, water, garlic, vinegar, and lemon juice in your blender.
- Let the blender run until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Place mixture in a bowl and the parsley and oregano, mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Once mixed, this delightfully refreshing hemp seed herb dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
Serving size: 2T
- Calories: 81
- Sugar 4.1 grams
- Sodium: 2 grams
- Fats: 4 grams
- Fiber: 3.5 grams
- Carbs: 7.8 grams
- Protein: 2.9 grams
- Cholesterol: 0
If you can’t find hemp seeds in your local grocery store, visit your local whole or health food store. You may find you can buy them in bulk, which is perfect as you can add them to smoothies, baked goods, and as a topping on your salads.
The only thing left is to pour this dressing over your salad and enjoy.
Did you try this recipe? Or try out some of our other delicious hemp seed recipe ideas here.